But the chance of a last-minute settlement to save the SsangYong Motor from court receivership during the two-month grace period looks dim as the Indian carmaker remains firm on its stance to let go off the Korean SUV-focused maker.
The court has given until Feb. 28 for SsangYong Motor to solve its default crisis before it is placed under court management.
KDB has arranged a council of four related parities – SsangYong Motor, creditors, Mahindra & Mahindra, and potential buyer, U.S.-based import car distributor HAAH Automotive Holdings – and suggested local lenders could put up fresh capital if the Indian carmaker maintains large stakeholder status until SsangYong can pay back the new loan.
The Indian car-making group earlier announced its phase-out plan, putting out efforts to find a new owner for SsangYong to surrender its large stakeholder status before the court grace period goes up.
It currently owns a 75 percent stake in the SUV-focused Korean car producer and is aiming to lower the stake to below 30 percent and retire up to 25 percent after stake sale.
Mahindra maintains it will sell the stake sale if a buyer comes up. It also refuses to extend its payment guarantee to loan dues to foreign banks.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
매일경제 주요 뉴스
해당 언론사로 연결됩니다.
- Foreigners net sold over $22 billion in Korea shares, third largest ever, in 2020 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Hana Financial Investment crowned Maekyung’s Best Analyst winner - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Hyundai Motor, OCI launch pilot project to upcycle EV batteries to power solar farms - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Intel in talks with TSMC, Samsung to outsource chip production - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- LG Electronics projects 2020 to be best-ever year - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 기안84, 신차 플렉스..." 8000만원 국산차 구입"
- BTS의 NFT 불매 나선 전세계 아미들 [아이티라떼]
- 골프여신 유현주, 남다른 미모+우월한 몸매
- 황철순 공식 해명 "도촬 트라우마에 울컥…몰지각한 사람 아냐" [전문]
- 연예계 코로나 비상···김수로, 코로나19 확진