Aamer Anwar, lawyer for the family of Abdelbasset Al Megrahi, speaks to the media outside his office in Glasgow, after the son of the Lockerbie bomber lost an appeal against his late father's conviction at the Court of Appeal in Edinburgh, Scotland, Friday, Jan. 15, 2021. The family of a Libyan convicted in the Lockerbie bombing has lost an appeal in a court in Scotland to have his conviction overturned posthumously. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was found guilty in 2001 of mass murder for the attack on Pan Am flight 103, which was traveling from London to New York on Dec. 21, 1988. The bombing killed all 259 people aboard the plane and another 11 on the ground. Al-Megrahi was jailed for life, but the family of the former intelligence officer has long claimed his innocence. They plan to appeal to the U.K. Supreme Court. (Jane Barlow/PA via AP) UNITED KINGDOM OUT NO SALES NO ARCHIVE PHOTOGRAPH CANNOT BE STORED OR USED FOR MORE THAN 14 DAYS AFTER THE DAY OF TRANSMISSION
연합뉴스 주요 뉴스
해당 언론사로 연결됩니다.
- 개그우먼 오나미, 전 축구선수 박민과 9월 결혼
- 넷플릭스 드라마에 욱일기 문양 노골적으로 노출
- 나토 홈피에 '눈감은' 尹사진…대통령실 "사진교체 요청"
- 라이브방송 중 여성 추행·간음한 20대…준강간죄 영장
- 일본 끌려간 도예 명장의 후손…424년만에 선조 묘 참배
- '10만원 저축하면 정부가 10만원 더' 청년내일저축계좌 모집
- 폭우로 생긴 아파트 건설현장 물웅덩이에 근로자 빠져
- 자녀살해 후 극단선택…법원은 "동반자살 아닌 살인" 질타
- '스타워즈 지휘관' 브랜슨 우크라에…므리야 수송기 복구할듯
- 13년 전 제주 20대 여성 추락사…가족·지인 살인 혐의 송치