epa08968155 A Palestinian charcoal worker extracts coal at Al-Hattab production facility near the border, in the Gaza Strip, 26 January 2021. Al-Hattab charcoal-making facility is the largest producer in the Gaza strip. Eight men work throughout the year, especially during winter and holiday periods when coal is in high demand. While workers cut down various types of trees, the citrus tree is very useful and the most expensive but the Al-Hattab workers don't focus on only one type of wood and work also with Elkinia and Olivewood. After harvesting the trees, workers shape the wood into a pyramid that is buried beneath the sand. The pyramid is set on fire, and it burns from the inside for several days. During this period, workers must control the burning by regularly moistening the pyramid with water. When the fire has subsided, the sand is cleared, leaving the burned wood exposed for 6 days. The workers are then able to harvest and clean the raw charcoal. The facility produces 80 to 90 tons of charcoal annually. At the end of the production process, customers can purchase bags of charcoal directly from the factory. One kilo is sold for US $ 1,50 on-site and US$2.50 in the markets. EPA/MOHAMMED SABER ATTENTION: This Image is part of a PHOTO SET
연합뉴스 주요 뉴스
해당 언론사로 연결됩니다.
- 이근 "첫 미션 이르핀서…눈앞에서 러군 총격에 운전자 쓰러져"
- "北도발 다음날 음주보도"에…대통령실 "개별동선 일일이 확인못해"
- 남아공서 아버지가 준 에너지 드링크 마신 3형제 학교서 사망 | 연합뉴스
- '훈련병의 일탈' 육군훈련소 조교 "일부 생활관서 흡연·욕설도" | 연합뉴스
- 손흥민의 'NOS7' 신세계백화점과 손잡나…케이스스터디 입점 논의
- 文 전대통령 딸 "아버지로, 할아버지로 돌아와줘 감사"
- [영상] 칸영화제 아이유가 떴다…'브로커' 레드카펫 스타들 총출동 | 연합뉴스
- '성폭행' 강지환, 드라마 제작사에 53억 배상 판결…2심도 패소
- 美 총기난사로 아내 잃은 남편, 이틀뒤 심장마비로 숨져
- "코인에 매수된 장교, 北수뇌부 제거부대 작전계획도 넘겨" | 연합뉴스