epa08968166 Palestinian charcoal worker Taha Al-Hattab, 60, takes break at his production facility near the border on the Gaza strip, 26 January 2021. Al-Hattab charcoal-making facility is the largest producer in the Gaza strip. Eight men work throughout the year, especially during winter and holiday periods when coal is in high demand. While workers cut down various types of trees, the citrus tree is very useful and the most expensive but the Al-Hattab workers don't focus on only one type of wood and work also with Elkinia and Olivewood. After harvesting the trees, workers shape the wood into a pyramid that is buried beneath the sand. The pyramid is set on fire, and it burns from the inside for several days. During this period, workers must control the burning by regularly moistening the pyramid with water. When the fire has subsided, the sand is cleared, leaving the burned wood exposed for 6 days. The workers are then able to harvest and clean the raw charcoal. The facility produces 80 to 90 tons of charcoal annually. At the end of the production process, customers can purchase bags of charcoal directly from the factory. One kilo is sold for US $ 1,50 on-site and US$2.50 in the markets. EPA/MOHAMMED SABER ATTENTION: This Image is part of a PHOTO SET
연합뉴스 주요 뉴스
해당 언론사로 연결됩니다.
- 우크라전쟁서 부상한 이근 곧 귀국할듯…국제여단 "재활 목적"
- 태안 아파트 단지서 7세 아이·엄마 맹견에 물려 크게 다쳐
- '원숭이두창' 확산세…유럽·미국서 줄줄이 '확진'
- 우크라 첫 전범재판서 러 병사에 종신형 구형…"용서해달라"
- 김새론, 드라마 '트롤리' 하차…"음주운전 깊이 반성"
- [오늘은] 미터ㆍ피트ㆍ킬로그램ㆍ파운드…알쏭달쏭 단위의 세계 | 연합뉴스
- 코로나19로 게임 과몰입 증가…가장 큰 동기는 '현실도피'
- 에쓰오일 폭발사고에 수십ｍ 불기둥, 10여㎞ 떨어진 곳까지 진동
- 가족에 '확진자 정보' 문건 보낸 공무원, 공무상 비밀누설 무죄
- 美 보드게임 때문에 넷플릭스 '기묘한 이야기' 줄거리 유출 | 연합뉴스