According to market researcher Canalys on Monday, Samsung Electronics accounted for 23 percent of the global smartphone shipments during the July to September period, becoming the No.1 smartphone vendor in the world. The growth was owed to the global craze for its recently released foldable devices – Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3.
Domestic sales of the foldable smartphones exceeded 1 million in 39 days since its launch on August 27, the third-fastest following the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S8.
Apple came second with a 15 percent share on strong initial demand for its new iPhone 13. Xiaomi took the third place with 14 percent. Oppo and Vivo came fourth and fifth with 10 percent each.
Its Smart Monitor released in December last year sold 600,000 units in the global market on Monday, according to the company.
The monitor allows users to enjoy various over-the-top (OTT) services including Netflix, Samsung TV Plus and YouTube without connecting to a PC. The multi-tasking monitor that enables easy connection with IT devices also supports remote access and voice recognition.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
매일경제 주요 뉴스
해당 언론사로 연결됩니다.
- SK E&S to complete purchase of full ownership in Busan City Gas - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- H Robotics draws $10mn in series B round pre-IPO fundraising - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Heavy adds $1.7 bn deal from Eurasian shipper, overachieves annual target - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 11 Korean nominees shortlisted to vie for IU35 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- M&As in Korea hit $31 bn as of Sept. up 68% on year - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- `만취 음주운전` 김새론, 동승자와 검찰 송치
- 스페인 왕비 "한국 여성 다 예뻐서 놀랐다"…김건희 "우린 동갑내기"
- 신재은, 볼륨감 넘치는 남다른 몸매 과시
- 영화 ‘마녀2’ 백총괄의 집 어딘가 봤더니
- 하니, ‘10살 연상’ 의사 양재웅과 열애 인정